Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Adventure 22 - Kiss in the Rain

I've wanted to be kissed in the rain for awhile now.  There never seemed to be the right time, place or guy.  When my boyfriend and I first met a couple of years ago, I told him that I wanted to kiss in the rain one day.

As fun and romantic as this seemed in my imagination, the outcome was not quite as I had pictured it.

It was Sunday, August 1, 2010 and the rain was coming down hard in northwest Calgary.  You could see the water running down the street like a fast moving creek.  Bill and I were watching out the window.  I said to him, "this would be a great time to take me outside and kiss me in the rain".  He was all for it, so out to the front yard we went in the POURING rain.  It has coming down HARD!

As imagined, he cupped my face in his hands and came in for a long soft kiss that he does so well.  So far so good.  Then, unexpectedly, little pellets of hail were coming down too.  Although they were small they sure did hurt my partially covered feet.  I just couldn't stand it for long.  My concentration had been diverted.  Bill was ready willing and into it when suddenly I pulled away and ran into the house.

Even though I was wanting to try it again, the mood was lost and the time had passed. 
This adventure went down river and drowned quickly.

2 comments:

  1. From late July to early November the mighty humpback whale reaches the sanctuary of Hervey Bay for some well earned rest, relaxation and fun interaction with whale watchers.

    Recommending Whale watching cruise, Please check www.whalewatchingcruises.net.au/jet-cruiser.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lily. Whale watching is always fun. Since I've done it before it doesn't count for this list but thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete