Search This Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Adventure 23 - Driving a Vintage Car

On our motorcycle vacation, Bill and I were in Victoria, BC walking around the harbour enjoying the day.  We noticed a vintage car parked near the docks.  It turned out, it was a Vintage Car Rental company and the car just waiting for my arrival was a 1937 Jaguar.  Perfect!  Without hesitation, I pulled out a little cash and found myself signing on the dotted line.  For $110.00 and two hours to burn up, Iwasn't about to pass up THIS adventure.  Bill is still getting used to my impulses and was a willing accomplice.

There was a little glitch in the beginning because with a 28" inseam I could barely reach the accelerator.  Not to worry, there was help on the way when the rental attendant placed a thick blanket behind my back to push me forward just enough to do the trick.  We were set to go!

They mapped out a great tour around the coastline of Victoria with lookout points along the way and places to take pictures.  Bill and I took turns driving and in no time at all the two hours had passed. 

We had a lot of people checking us out, especially when the occasional toot of the horn inspired a look our way.  During one of our stops a guy actually came up to us and asked us where we bought the car.  Later on, we stopped at a local pub called Big Bad Johns (definitely worth a peek in if you're ever in Victoria) and one of the locals recognized us.  He said he had watch us while we were driving the Jag.

I loved the unplanned adventure.  Who knows what will happen next.

2 comments: